It’s almost Thanksgiving and people are still collecting recipes and getting menus together, for the big day.
I want to help out and give everyone another option with this simple set it and forget it baked candied yams recipe.
It’s simple and easy with a few steps. Which is perfect when you have a long list of items to cook on the busy Thanksgiving day.
With this recipe, there’s no peeling, boiling, or watching the potatoes. You simply put everything in the baking dish wrap it with foil set your timer and bake for 1.5 hours.
Preheat oven to 350°.
Slice potatoes the short way to end up with circles.
Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- 3 medium sized sweet potatoes/yams
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup coconut oil/butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat Oven 350 degrees.
- Slice potatoes. I leave the skin on, but feels free to peel first.
- Wash potatoes and place into a shallow baking dish.
- Add all ingredients to dish and cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 90 minutes.
- Take out of oven let cool and serve.