You take the waffles top it with a perfectly fried piece of chicken , then pour over a sweet buttery bourbon pecan pie sauce!!!
We were dipping waffles and chicken left and right in this sauce, all the ingredients compliment each other so well.
The vanilla, the pecans, the butter and of course the bourbon come together and make the perfect topping for the classic chicken & waffles!
I love my chicken and waffles with maple gravy recipe but this one is certainly standing neck to neck and giving it a run for its money!
I love taking the flavors from my favorite recipes and turning them into something new!
Is there any non-traditional way you like to enjoy your favorite foods?
- 1 cup pecan
- 1/3 cup Dark corn Syrup
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon Bourbon
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Measure out a cup of pecans.
- Crush them up into tiny pieces, using a sandwich bag I put all the pecans inside the bag and used a tenderizer to crush.
- You can also use a food processor.
- In pan melt 2 Tablespoon butter.
- Add crushed pecans to melted butter. Let simmer for 30 seconds then add corn syrup, sugar.
- Whisk everything together.
- Add remaining butter and melt.
- Finally pour in bourbon and vanilla.
- On low heat cook for 1 more minute.
- Remove from heat and put sauce in serving dish.
- Sauce thickens when cold, reheat in microwave for a few seconds.