Pancakes were a tough, I could never make them homemade and as delicious as my favorite breakfast spot
Well I’ve cracked the code and now I make some of the most amazing homemade pancakes around, and now you can to with a few steps and some practice.
In the past my homemade pancakes seemed to be too tough, not that light and fluffy texture you want from a pancake, and in the past I would simply throw away the tough pancakes and result to cooking a box of pre-mixed pancakes.
That is still a good choice at times, but the basic ingredients are so simple and kitchen essentials, so if you ever were to run out of the box pancakes you should be able to make some without a trip to the store.
The way I do it for this recipe is separating the egg whites from the yolks, and then beating the whites into soft peaks, finishing off with folding in the egg whites.
Another trick I found that works is letting the batter sit and let the gluten settle, also making sure not to over mix the batter, which just produces more gluten resulting in tough pancakes, which you want to avoid.
This recipe is not to sweet so just smother those tender and flavor pancakes in some warm maple syrup, or Mrs. Butterworth which is my favorite non Maple syrup choice, top it with melted butter and you have a delightful breakfast.
What you’ll need for these pancakes…….
1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
½ Tablespoon Baking Powder
1 cup brown sugar not packed
¾ cup chopped pecan
1 Teaspoon salt
1 ¼ cup milk/buttermilk
3 tbsp butter
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Pulse Pecans in a food processor, until it is crumbly.
It should look like this….
Mix together the flour, salt, baking powder and brown sugar.Mix in melted butter, milk, vanilla and yolks of eggs.
Beat egg whites to stiff peaks and carefully fold into pancake mix.
Carefully wipe hot skillet down with vegetable oil or spray with vegetable oil.
Cook on both sides.
Serve with butter and warm maple syrup.
Just ask in the comment section I’ll get back to you in a hot sec!
- 1 ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 cup brown sugar not packed
- ¾ cup chopped pecan
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cup milk/buttermilk
- 3 tbs butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pulse Pecans in a food processor, until it is crumbly.
- It should look like this....
- Mix together the flour, salt, baking powder and brown sugar.
- Mix in melted butter, milk, vanilla and yolks of eggs.
- Beat egg whites to stiff peaks and carefully fold into pancake mix.
- Carefully wipe hot skillet down with vegetable oil or spray with vegetable oil.
- Cook on both sides.
- Don;t forget to separate those eggs and beat the eggs whites to stiff peaks.
- the egg whites into the pancakes, do not stir.