Who doesn’t love Pinterest?
You get to pin a bunch of crap that you’ll probably never have, like a grown up tree house made out of old bottle caps.
DIY Pallet refurbishing projects that you’ll never start.
Or recipes that you’ll never cook like a Krispy Kreme Donut casserole.
Who am I kidding?!
If I had some grain free donuts I would totally make a ridiculously sweet casserole out of them.
This recipe was inspired by a Biscuit Battered Fruit Ring Pin I found one day.
I was doing my daily Pinterest browsing and up pops these little treats. The process thy used is much more sophisticated than mine. They actually dip the entire fruit into the batter and cook.
I just knew I had to remix this recipe into a grain free/Paleo hit!
I decided to make grain free pancakes and simply place a fruit ring in the middle.
These and my Paleo Cinnamon Roll Pancakes are my favorite grain free pancakes thus far.
But if I had to choose one recipe between the two I’d probably choose this one.
The mix of grain free flours I used gave this the most traditional pancake texture. With the addition of fruit you add more sustenance to the recipe.
These pancakes will be in constant rotation on our grain free breakfast menu.
If you try them they’ll be on yours too.
It’s not a difficult recipe. I mix everything together and whip two egg whites separately. Adding the egg whites to the batter I fold them into the mixed batter. This part is crucial to the final product, it gives the pancakes the fluffy texture you would expect from traditional pancakes.
Here’s all you do.
Mix all Dry ingredients together.
In a separate bowl beat two egg white until they are stiff.
Carefully mix stiff egg whites into the batter.
Oil and heat skillet to 375.
Pour batter onto preheated skillet and place the apple ring in the middle.
When edges are brown flip over and cook for a few more minutes or until pancake is done. Serve with a little maple syrup, and voila.
I just love how the hot skillet gives the apples a nice and sweet caramelization.
You really don’t need much syrup with all the flavors you get out f these cakes.
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup potato starch flour
- 2 Tablespoons Arrowroot flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon sugar/sweetner
- 1 cup coconut milk (canned coconut milk it thicker, if you use a box of coconut milk reduce to 3/4 cups)
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 green apples sliced into rings
- Sift together all dry ingredients.
- Pour milk, coconut oil, and vanilla into dry ingredients.
- Mix in 1 whole egg, and 2 egg yolks.
- In a separate bowl beat 2 egg whites into stiff peaks.
- Carefully fold stiff egg whites into pancakes mix.
- Heat skillet to 375. wipe skillet with some sort of oil.
- Pour pancake mix onto skillet, and add one ring in the center.
- Cook pancakes until edges start to brown and look ready to flip.
- Flip over and cook fro another 2 minutes or until ready.
Paleo/Vegan Cinnamon Roll Pancakes