This version of Spanish Rice is creamy, with a little spice and provides major side dish comfort!
It’s creamy and soft and has a risotto like consistency and I promise you will feel like you spent hours in the kitchen after tasting this delightful yet so simple side dish.
This recipe goes great paired with Roasted Veggie Quesadillas.
I’ll just get right to this easy recipe!
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon chicken base
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Heat vegetable oil.
- Cook onion, bell pepper, and garlic.
- Add rice, cumin and tomato paste, mix around the pan.
- Add milk, water, chicken base, paprika, and butter.
- Bring everything to a boil.
- Replace top onto pan and turn heat to low.
- Simmer on low for 20 minutes, or until rice is cooked.
- Serve topped with cilantro!