Not really but I do like to wear my Bermuda shorts Just kidding again! I refuse to wear Bermuda shorts! For real-for real the only reason I cut back in the summer is because it’s too hot for walking around with a stomach full of crap.
I want to feel good and energized to enjoy all the nice weather. I focus on feeding my body things that will fuel it versus deprive it.
This dish will keep you satisfied while providing your body with all the good stuff and none of the bad stuff.
It takes a special temperature along with a watchful eye to get that juicy and delicate desired texture.
I’ve found the best way to reach that perfect texture is cooking the Salmon at a high temperature really quick.
This recipe is simple and easy with a sweet and spicy glaze to top. The sweet potato hash is a perfect complement with fresh and colorful peppers and sweet and spicy notes.
The plate is beautiful and tastes as refreshing as the first days of Spring.
Who says eating healthy has to be bland and tasteless?! This meal proves other wise while providing essential nutrition, beautiful aesthetics, and flavors galore!
Do you change your eating habits when the seasons change?
- Sweet Potato Hash
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 sweet potatoes chopped into squares
- 1/2 Shallot chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 yellow pepper chopped
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- For Salmon
- Up to 1 LB of Wild salmon fillets.
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoon of Sriracha pepper sauce
- Fresh juice from 1 half lemon (about 1 Tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon seal salt.
- Sweet potato hash.
- Heat olive oil to medium.
- Add chopped sweet potato. Cook for about 5 minutes until browning and tender.
- Turn heat up to medium high.
- Add shallots, and peppers.
- Simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Add spices and salt.
- Mix together and cook for about 8 more minutes or until sweet potatoes are cooked through.
- Turn off heat and cover until ready to serve.
- Mix honey, Sriracha, salt, and lemon juice in small microwave safe bowl.
- Put the mix in microwave for 20 seconds.
- Give it another stir.
- Place salmon in shallow dish and pour mix over top.
- Let the salmon and mix sit for 20 minutes.
- Line baking pan with aluminum foil. Spray with non stick oil.
- Place marinated salmon onto pan and pour over the remaining juice.
- Position the oven rack at the top, directly under the broiler.
- Put oven on the top rack and broil salmon for 8 minutes.
- Serve hot on top of sweet potato and pepper hash.
- Sprinkle with salt and drizzle with honey and olive oil.