I have a friend who will remain nameless but she knows who she is, don’t you! 😉 well, whenever this friend and I talk the first thing we do is have a little “kitchen talk”, kitchen talk is how we discuss the meals we’ve prepared throughout the week, we give ideas and preparation tips, plus we like to “one up” each other, a little competition with some kitchen lessons between two childhood friends! Well this day she kinda of had me speechless when she mentioned how much she and her man enjoyed the Nachos she had made.
Nachos aren’t some exquisite and delicate dish that should be reserved for the fanciest of occasions, but I was taken aback because I remember making Nachos for my husband when we were first married, I remembered how much he loved them and how much we enjoyed sharing a plate together while indulging in the cheesy and often messy treat.
You may not be completely moved but when I say I enjoyed sharing food, that’s a pretty big deal because I couldn’t stress to you enough the amount of distaste I actually have for sharing food, I just don’t do it! I like my own appetizers when we go out, and if I didn’t care about giving our waiter a hard time
or having a booger put in my food I would ask for two bread baskets, one for me and one for them ( I do care so I don’t ask). I hide cupcakes from my kids all the time, I will literally sneak in my room close the door enjoy my cake and return to the family as if I didn’t just commit cup-gate, all in an effort to avoid sharing my treats. So you get how serious it is I don’t like sharing food, or shoes for that matter but anything else just ask….maybe.
There’s just something about a big plate of Nachos that puts me in a sharing mood, with my boo at least. Watching him enjoy and making love sounds all produced from a big plate of Nachos gives me a pleasure that brings out my food sharing side.
Who knew Nachos were a romantic food, maybe you agree maybe you disagree just make some and share them with your mate, and if you don’t get lucky your taste buds will!
These nachos are meaty, creamy, and sprinkled with chili, here’s what you need…….
1 lb ground beef
1 half onion finely chopped
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 ½ teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic salt
½ teaspoon ground cumin
4 oz cream cheese
2/3 cup water
10 oz bag of tortillas chips
Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
Finely chop onion.
Cook ground beef, when browned, drain excess fat and grease off.
Mix in chopped onions and continue to cook until they are translucent.
Season with salt, chili powder, garlic salt, and ground cumin.
Pour in the tomatoes. Stir
Now mix in the cream cheese.
Pour water into sauce and put top on pan.
Taste and add salt if needed, but don’t use too much if the tortillas have salt you may be adding to much!
Warm up tortilla chips. I place them in the a 350° oven for 5 minutes.
When warm put tortillas chips on plate.
Pour creamy chili meat sauce over top of tortilla chips.
Sprinkle with a generous amount of shredded Colby Jack and top with some sliced green onions.
Serve warm and don’t forget to share!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 half onion finely chopped
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- 1teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2/3 cup water
- 10 oz Bag of Tortilla Chips
- Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- Green Onions
- Finely chop onion.
- Cook ground beef, when browned, drain excess fat and grease off.
- Mix in chopped onions and continue to cook until they are translucent.
- Season with salt, chili powder, garlic salt, and ground cumin.
- Pour in the tomatoes. Stir
- Now mix in the cream cheese.
- Pour water into sauce and put top on pan.
- Taste and add salt if needed, but don't use too much if the tortillas have salt you may be adding to much!
- Warm up tortilla chips. I place them in the a 350° oven for 5 minutes.
- When warm put tortillas chips on plate.
- Pour creamy chili meat sauce over top of tortilla chips.
- Sprinkle with a generous amount of shredded Colby Jack and top with some sliced green onions.
- Serve warm and don't forget to share!