To all the mamas who go to work full-time and still come home to cook a meal for your family, you all are the real MVP’s!
Even as much as I love to cook, it’s not my favorite thing to come home from work and meal prep on top of the list of other things that comes along with a family.
My kids are pretty much spoiled by my home cooked meals so they will not have mama falling behind on kitchen duties. They want it and I want to give it to them, however I had to switch up my techniques a bit.
I plan out meals for the week, make sure I have everything I need, and have any thawing & marinating done before I leave for work.
This recipe is perfect for when you just don’t have time for a bunch of meddling in the kitchen, but you still want something good. It’s easy, healthy and budget friendly.
When you use skin on dark meat you have less instance of drying out your meat. The skin helps keep juices in the chicken and the dark meat is naturally more tender and flavorful!
Of course I use Free range, no hormones, or antibiotics chicken. It’s much healthier than conventional hormone and antibiotic injected caged chickens.
The lemon herbs and spices adds bursting flavors for the chicken.
Here’s all you do!
Wash chicken, and place in shallow baking dish.
Season with lemon juice, butter, herbs and spices. (Use whatever seasonings you like or check out the recipe below.) Get generous with the salt. (If you have the time marinate this over night, or for at least 30 minutes for even more flavor)
Cover tightly with aluminum foil, place on middle oven rack, and bake in oven on 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
After 20 minutes turn on to broil 500. Take aluminum off of the chicken, and place on top rack.
Bake for 10-15 more minutes or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 180.
Pour cooked juices over the chicken when serving!
- 4 lbs Chicken Drumstick
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon roasted ground ginger
- 1 Tablespoon Herbs De Provence
- About 1 Tablespoon sea salt and pepper to taste
- Juice of two lemons 3-4 Tablespoons
- Optional* Rind of one lemon
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons Herbs De Provence
- Preheat 375 degrees.
- Wash chicken.
- Place chicken in shallow dish.
- Season chicken generously.
- Pour lemon juice over chicken.
- Throw rind on top of chicken.
- Place butter on top of chicken.
- Cover tightly in foil.
- (Place chicken in refrigerator and let marinate overnight or at least 30 minutes.)
- Place on middle rack.
- Bake covered on 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Take aluminum foil off chicken.
- Place chicken on top rack and change to broil.
- Broil at 500 degrees for 10-15 more minutes, or until chicken reaches 180 degrees.