Roasting Green Beans, who knew? I certainly didn’t know, but I was on a roasting spree with all my other veggies. Roasting vegetables seem to bring out all their great flavors while adding a nice caramelized sweetness.
Green beans are actually one of the more tolerable vegetables I grew up on. My mom would cook them with fat back, loads of butter, and let them sit on the stove and braise much like her collards. Now don’t get me wrong, I love my green beans the way mama cooks them, but I find that roasting them are much less time consuming and lighter on the calories.
When I first tried roasting my green beans, they were so tasty, I knew it would be a dinner staple. It was quick easy and healthy. The color when roasted is absolutely stunning which adds a hint of elegance to a plate of say….meatloaf :)!
Cut the Ends off the green beans.
Spread green beans out evenly on roasting pan. Drizzle green beans with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
In preheated 400° oven bake green beans for 10 minutes shake pan up and bake for another 10 minutes.
Yep that’s 20 minutes all together! Sprinkle with some crushed red pepper if you like some spice, but that’s all is to it!
- 1 Lb Fresh Green Beans
- 2-3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon coarse sea salt.
- Preheat oven to 400
- Cut ends off green beans.
- Wash green beans of any dirt of debris.
- Place green beans on a roasting pan evenly.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with coarse Sea Salt.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes.
- Shake pan to move green beans around after 10 minutes and then bake for another 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with crushed re pepper if you like a little spice.