I use red wine vinegar pretty rarely, it’s a good addition to salad dressings and other raw veggies, but I haven’t incorporated it in my cooking much.
Well until now, I hadn’t. It took me one time to make this delicious dish, then I went back to make it one more time to get exact measurements and now that I have them you are in for a treat.
This meal is delightful enough to be served in any quality restaurant yet easy enough to be prepared and served right at the crib.
Here’s a step by step guide, and please don’t stare to hard, I didn’t realize I had a shot of the inside of my oven, but if you do stare please don’t judge me! :/
- 5-6 LB whole chicken brined and cut up into parts
- 1 shallot chopped
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pre heat oven to 400
- Season brined and cut chicken with some salt and pepper
- In a cold pan place your cut up chicken skin side down.
- Turn heat on and let the chicken cook for about 8 minutes or until fat has rendered from skin and chicken is browned.
- Pour fat out of pan and place chicken in a baking dish.
- In the same pan saute shallot, and garlic.
- Add butter and melt.
- Whisk in tomato paste.
- Slowly pour in white wine.
- Whisk everything together to make a light sauce.
- Ad red wine vinegar, and honey whisk everything together.
- Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Just be careful and don't forget the chicken has been seasoned.
- Pour sauce over chicken. and Bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until internal temperature reads 170 degrees.