I’ve seen a person go from hating Brussel sprouts to eating an entire plate of those bad boys just by roasting them, roasting brings out the party side of veggies, and I think we all know how exquisite a good cheese added to any veggie can be!
So for this recipe I do both, I add cheese and I roast the veggies, then finally I wrap with a warm tortilla and melt everything together producing some beautiful bites!
This recipe is super easy and fuss free for those hectic weekday evenings!
- 2 cups chopped butternut squash
- 1 chopped Parsnip
- 1/2 Turnip
- 1 small Shallot
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 Tablespoon Canola Oil
- Bunch of Cilantro
- 6-8 Tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheese (Colby jack, cheddar, Monterey Jack)
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop veggies into small cubes.
- Place veggies on roasting pan sprinkle with salt.
- Pour oil over veggies and mix everything on the pan and spread out evenly.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Heat skillet and tortillas on both sides.
- Spread a liberal amount of cheese onto tortilla.
- Top with veggies and cilantro.
- Top with another layer of cheese.
- Fold tortilla over and flip.
- Heat until cheese is melted through.