Who doesn’t love a muffin, a little sweet treat in the morning to go with your coffee or my favorite, TEA.
Did I ever tell you I’m obsessed with tea, like I buy teas wherever I go it’s pretty ridiculous I have a cabinet full of different tea and flavors. I love smelling the tea, I love sipping the teas, I love sharing the teas.
Starbucks has this new spearmint and Lemongrass tea with an aroma that will take you to another realm. Plus the caffeine is appropriate for the energy depriving lifestyle that comes with being a mommy.
But about these muffins, they are small batch too. Just 8 muffins to share or enjoy alone over the week for breakfast.
Plus they are low in sugar.
I’ve been making these at night after putting the kids to bed and passing them out in the morning, for a protein packed pre breakfast starter.
Let’s get to these muffins tho.
Mix your dry ingredients together.
Carefully fold in blueberries. (frozen blueberries were used in this picture but I highly recommend allowing the berries to defrost before adding them to the mix or else it will get to thick. Better yet you can use fresh blueberries.)
Place mix in muffin tins.
To make the crumble topping, with a fork mix in the butter, sugar and tapioca flour until crumbly texture is reached.
Sprinkle on top of muffins after they have baked for 15 minutes.
The picture shows the crumble on top but it comes out much better if you wait until the muffin has cooked a bit first. I also ended up preferring using the coconut sugar or brown sugar over the white sugar for the crumble topping.
Bake the muffins for 15 more minutes after adding the crumbled topping, so 30 minutes in total.
Remove muffins from pan and let them cool a few minutes before serving.
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup potato starch flour
- 1 Tablespoon arrowroot flour
- 1 Tablespoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 3/4 cup milk or coconut milk
- 6 tablespoons melted butter or coconut oil
- about 1 cup blueberries
- 1 Tablespoon butter/coconut butter \
- 1 Tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar/ coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix all dry ingredients
- Add melted butter/coconut oil, milk, and vanilla
- Mix well
- Carefully fold in blueberries
- Place mix evenly into muffin pans
- Place muffins in oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- OPTIONAL TOPPING
- With a fork mix tapioca flour, butter, and sugar until it reaches a crumbly texture.
- Put on top of muffins after they have baked for 15 minutes.