Sometimes you just need a quick and easy side dish to go with your main course!
This is it! Plus you can never go wrong with bacon right?!
Chop bacon into medium-sized bits and cook in skillet.
When bacon is crisp and fat s rendered, place your bacon bits on a paper towel and save for later.
Add corn and spread into an even layer.
Let simmer for about 5 minutes and then start to toss.
Add onion and green pepper and continue to toss.
Sprinkle in seasonings and honey.
Mix all ingredients together well.
Garnish with remaining bacon and cilantro.
A quick and easy side dish!
- 16 oz Bag of frozen corn
- 5- 6 Slices of uncured smoked bacon chopped
- 1 small green pepper chopped
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- salt to taste (I used 1 teaspoon of course sea salt)
- On medium high heat brown and render fat from chopped bacon. When bacon in crisp remove from skillet.
- With eye still on medium-high add corn and spread out evenly in the skillet.
- Let sit for about 2-3 minutes and start tossing, for another 5-7 minutes.
- Add onions and green peppers continue tossing.
- Sprinkle in salt, garlic powder, chili powder, and pour in honey.
- Continue cooking and tossing.
- Garnish with bacon.
- Garnish with Cilantro (optional)