These cheese sticks are seasoned with chili flavors and instead of the classic mozzarella cheese I used jalapeno and red pepper string cheese to kick up the spice.
My family loved them and they weren’t at all too spicy for the kiddies to enjoy. This is a super easy treat that I’ll most likely be making this week if they do decide to close schools.
They make a perfect afternoon snack, and my kids love snacks.
Stay safe in this cold weather and if you need a little warm me up try this spicy treat.
- 1 1/2 cups canola oil
- 1 Package Jalapeno Red Pepper String Cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cut the cheese sticks in half.
- Mix together egg and milk in small bowl.
- In another bowl mix together bread crumbs, chili powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder.
- Dip cheese in egg, next bread crumbs, back to eggs and back to crumbs again.
- Put cheese sticks in freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat oil to 350-370 degrees.
- Fry cheese sticks for about 30 seconds or until they are golden brown.