So a few weeks ago I wrote about the best pancake recipe ever, and since finding that recipe it’s all I’ve been making for breakfast!
As much as I love pancakes, we needed a little switch up and although I have a tried and true waffle recipe already, my home-girl gave me a little tip, and that tip was…drum roll please…
Half and half! Yes, just half and half
The half and half gave it a creamy and more soft texture, I still use buttermilk but the half and half was the X factor!
Now are you telling me I can have hotel continental breakfast waffle perfection at my own house?!?! NOPE ! You can have BETTER than hotel continental breakfast waffles!
Fun fact* I stayed in a hotel for over a month and enjoyed every damn day of it, including waking up extra early only to abuse the endless waffles and fresh fruit :/
These waffles are light and crispy on the outside and then perfectly complimented with a soft and buttery yet so airy inside.
This thing is beautiful inside out and I almost kept the recipe all to myself but because I love you peeps so much I’m giving y’all the hookup!
Let me know what you think!
- 1/3 cup sugar
- ½ cup cake flour
- 1 cup all- purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ¾ cup half and half
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Crisco
- Mix all your dry ingredients together.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer mix together buttermilk, half & half, vanilla extract, and eggs.
- When wet ingredients are incorporated and dry ingredients and continue to mix for 1 minute.
- Melt Crisco.
- Add melted Crisco to waffle mix and use electric mixer to beat for another minute.