I saw that many of the view which led to those recipes were searches for baked candied yam recipes. So I wanted to help you out with an easy and simple traditional recipe, my families candied yam recipe!
It’s a simple and easy dish that doesn’t require a lot of fancy ingredients.
All you need is…….
5 Sweet Potatoes/ Yams Peeled and chopped
6 Tablespoons softened salted butter
¾ cup granulated sugar
½ cup light brown sugar
1½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
2-3 granny red delicious apples peeled and chopped
½ teaspoon vanilla
Pre-heat oven to 350
Peel cut and rinse off sweet potatoes/yams. (optional: peel and chop apples)
Mix butter, cinnamon, potatoes, apples, granulated sugar, nutmeg and vanilla. Sprinkle brown sugar on top.
Cover with lid or wrap tightly in foil, bake for 1 hour, then remove top, and bake for another 10 minutes.
This great southern side never gets old! The sweet side fits right in on almost any plate! Enjoy!
- 5 Sweet Potatoes/ Yams Peeled and chopped
- 6 Tablespoons salted butter
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- (optional) 3 red delicious apples
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop and rinse off potatoes and apples.
- Mix, potatoes, apples, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on top.
- Cover with top or wrap with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 1 hour covered.
- Remove top and bake for another 10 minutes.