Spring to me is all about blooming flowers, light and fresh meals and of course pretty colors such as this vibrant yellow.
I’m not a big fan of cauliflower although I will tolerate it under the right seasoning conditions of course. So when I first saw these pretty yellow cauliflower in the produce section of a casual shopping trip, I was…well…bedazzled!
I’m sure it being the start of a not so warm but certainly sun shining spring had a little something to do with my enthusiasm for those pretty little veggies. Immediately I began to devise a plan that would make them taste as pretty as they looked.
My first thought? I guess they have to taste good with bacon…and with some extra thought…a little sweetness never hurt(honey)…and with some more thought how about I roast them.
Well? looka here looka here! What I was left with was a delightful and tasteful bowl of goodness and it’s all a veggie…..never mind the bacon……this thing is a healthy treat….right? Warning! I am not an expert in anything but taste…and I’m just saying this taste good…really good.
- 1 Bunch of Yellow Cauliflower
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 4-5 Slices Bacon
- 2 Tablespoon butter
- 1-2 Tablespoon Honey
- Cook your bacon and set aside on paper lined plate. Add butter to rendered bacon grease in pan. Add chopped and washed cauliflower and toss together.
- I like to press a small garlic clove over the cauliflower at this point. *optional*
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add Heaping tablespoons of Honey and toss to incorporate everything, let cook while watching carefully for about 5 minutes.
- The cauliflower will start to caramelize.
- Place under broiler for about 5-7 more minutes.
- Crumble cooked bacon on top and garnish with a little fresh parsley.